Welcome to Hagwilget Village
Now known as Hagwilget Village ("place of the gentle or the quiet people") is also known as
Tse-Kya ("base of rock"), and approx. 1910 the old village of Tse-Kya was located at the bottom of the canyon.(the now known) Hagwilget Village is now located on the east side above the Bulkley Canyon, near Hazelton, British Columbia.
The first photographic and written record of the Hagwilget bridge was in 1866 built by local indigenous people by nothing more than wood pegs and the timber was fastened together by cedar writhes.