top of page


Students wishing to start a trade are encouraged to research other funding sources. To obtain financial assistance from the Hagwilget Village Council, there must be an outside funding agent involved. Our local resources include Tricorp located out of Prince Rupert which funds tuition for courses over two weeks. 

If a student applies and qualifies for outside funding but it does not meet the cost of the course, the Hagwilget Village Council will fund the remainder if the student is not on EI, has no other form of income, and has a job lined up at the end of the course.

For example, should a student apply for a heavy duty operating course which costs 15,000 dollars, and receives 6,000 funding from Tricorp and 4,000 funding from Access BC, then the Hagwilget may cover the remaining 5,000 dollars.

bottom of page